R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Sorry for the duplicte post - I put this under "Gear & Equip" before I noticed there is a separate forum for GPS. New member!)

Decided to buy a Nav-V for my new GS and sell my Garmin Zumo 390LM. I am in Thailand where the Nav-V would cost $1,250, so I want to pick it up in the US where it will be cheaper. I'll be home in the US on vacation in February so I plan to order one.

I know it will come with US maps, but it doesn't cost much to buy a Thailand maps package here.

Can anyone recommend a good quality supplier for the Nav-V?

Two links come up quickly on web searches:
https://www.ascycles.com/GPS-Navigator-V-without-Cradle-by-BMW-77528536778
77528536778- GPS, Electronics, & Mounts- Sierra BMW Online- BMW Motorrad Navigator V GPS by Garmin

Does anybody have experience with them?

Many thanks in advance!

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've seen three more on-line dealers:

BMW of San Francisco
Cross Country BMW of New Jersey
Bob's BMW

Any experiences or feedback appreciated.

·
Registered
654 Posts
Check out the K1600 forum. Think I recall a few for sale over the last few months. They will probably be widely avaiable used when the Nav VI is out.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I've looked at the differences between the V and VI. I think the V would be perfectly ok; however, I don't want to spend $799 today and discover that they're on sale for ?? after March 1. So I suppose I should wait and watch for another couple of months.

·
Premium Member
1,276 Posts
I've looked at the differences between the V and VI. I think the V would be perfectly ok; however, I don't want to spend $799 today and discover that they're on sale for ?? after March 1. So I suppose I should wait and watch for another couple of months.
I like my Nav V but, if you have a little time, why not wait for the latest/greatest to be released? You can be sure there will be plenty of Nav Vs to pick up for a more reasonable price. Personally, I'd go for a used one. As for the dealerships you've listed, I've done business with Bob's and BMW of San Francisco and both were experiences. I've stopped by Cross Country in Jersey but have no experience with them.

Mike

·
The ride of Life
368 Posts
I go to California BMW in Mountain view. I have also had great Service from A&S BMW in Roseville. (California) San Francisco BMW is also great. MAX BMW in Manchester NH has also been excellent. (East Coast)

When are you coming and where?

- John

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Hi John - I'll be in Boston Feb 10-14. Quick trip. So if I get a Nav V, I need to order it now.

I'm tempted to wait a little while longer. I'm using a 390LM now which is adequate .... of course I want to put a Nav V into the mount on the GS!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts