R1200GS Forum banner

Where to find tire pressure information?

1K views 4 replies 2 participants last post by  jjcp 
#1 ·
So I have had my 2016 for just over a month and it has the TPMS which tells me what the pressure is, but I am not sure where to find out what the pressure should be. We don't have a plate in the door jamb like a car that spells it out (and I didn't get a manual with the bike).

Is there a source on the web that specifies ideal tire pressures (solo and/or two up) that someone can point me to?

#2 ·
For the manual you can go here
Shoulbe be around 36 psi on the front and 42 psi on the rear, but confirm on your manual

#4 ·
Correction, it is there in the manual but I got a manual with the english spelling, so look for "tyre pressure" where "tire pressure" only found a certification page for the TPMS.

2.5 bar front and 2.9 bar rear which is 36psi and 42 psi as jjcp said (for a 2016).

Will need to pump up my tires a bit tonight. IIRC they were at 29/36 psi which was not low enough to cause TPMS to complain apparently.

#5 ·
Correction, it is there in the manual but I got a manual with the english spelling, so look for "tyre pressure" where "tire pressure" only found a certification page for the TPMS.

2.5 bar front and 2.9 bar rear which is 36psi and 42 psi as jjcp said (for a 2016).

Will need to pump up my tires a bit tonight. IIRC they were at 29/36 psi which was not low enough to cause TPMS to complain apparently.
Suggestion: Follow the reading at the gas pump, TPMS might not be 100% correct...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.