R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2017 R1200GSA
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello gents. I have a 2017 GSA. Just want to make sure that I will purchase the right one for my bike. I think the GS-911 Wi-Fi with OBD-II connector is what I need to purchase. Please confirm. Many thanks. The first use will be for resetting the service reminder for my 12K-mile DYI service.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Hello gents. I have a 2017 GSA. Just want to make sure that I will purchase the right one for my bike. I think the GS-911 Wi-Fi with OBD-II connector is what I need to purchase. Please confirm. Many thanks. The first use will be for resetting the service reminder for my 12K-mile DYI service.
Yup the GS-911 with the rectangular (trapezoidal) connector, not the round one.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Yes the Wi-Fi obd-ll

·
Registered
368 Posts
will this work on a 2014? I also would like to be able to reset the service notification.
You'll need the earlier version of the GS911 or this adapter to connect a current GS911 to a 2016 or earlier BMW.

·
Registered
9 Posts
thanks! Now this is new to me, but I'm guessing that you need to have some sort of scanner tool/device? Any suggestion other than the GS911? Don't really want to spend $300+ for this.

·
Registered
2017 R1200GSA
27 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
thanks! Now this is new to me, but I'm guessing that you need to have some sort of scanner tool/device? Any suggestion other than the GS911? Don't really want to spend $300+ for this.
Another route is: buy the ODBLink MX ($100) + MotoScan Professional or Ultimate version from phone app store (probably $50??).

Search the internet and learn about the two items that I just mentioned above. You can also search this forum on the subject; I used "MotoScan" for my search here. There are good conversations on this forum on comparison of the two routes. There are pros and cons for each route and also depending on how much work on the bike that you will actually do it yourself.

·
Registered
879 Posts

·
'14 R1200 GS Adv "Freya"
179 Posts
Another route is: buy the ODBLink MX ($100) + MotoScan Professional or Ultimate version from phone app store (probably $50??).

Search the internet and learn about the two items that I just mentioned above. You can also search this forum on the subject; I used "MotoScan" for my search here. There are good conversations on this forum on comparison of the two routes. There are pros and cons for each route and also depending on how much work on the bike that you will actually do it yourself.
You can use the OBDLink LX which is less expensive, $59.95 on Amazon, and the Motoscan Professional Version is $50 as I recall from the Google APP Store. Your'17 should have the standard OBDII connector vise the round 10 pin connector under the right side cover so you shouldn't need the adapter cable.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts