R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all. So I went to demo days and rode the gs1250 adventure. Wow. Love it. I was talking to dealer and I said I wanted the 2018 Córdoba blue gsa. Then he sold me in the 1250. I like the ice grey. I’ve seen on bmw’s site where seat is red and black to go with the 1250 written in red. The dealer had a ice grey in stock but it had a black seat? I didn’t want to sound dumb in person so I’ll sound dumb online. What happened to the red seat and if I were to buy that can they get me the red seat? I’ve heard of them swapping out different rims and such but just was not sure. I told him I’m just waiting to see new colors for 2020 he said they will be same as now in 2019? Does this seem right? Thanks all ride safe and God bless!!

·
Fisherman on 2 wheels!
162 Posts
Buy a custom red seat

Don't know on the 1250's but the OEM seats on the 1200 are murder.

Sergeant will make you a custom seat with different colors, compare pricing.

·
Registered
502 Posts
I have owned a BMW GTL, GS, and now a GSA and none of the stock seats have worked out for me. On the GTL I went with Kontour and on the GS and GSA I went with Sargent.

·
Registered
275 Posts
My ice gray has the red/black seat. I have put about 1200 miles on it in three weeks and have had no problems, except for having to raise the front of the seat up to keep the package from sliding into the tank. I have an Airhawk and a sheepskin cover I retained from my '17 and haven't seen the need to put either on.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Judgedelta that was my problem when I test rode her those 2 times. Felt like I was sliding into the tank. I know you can adjust seat and all but I didn’t want to mess with all that on my test rides. So why do they have a all black seat on their model? Can they get me the black/red one that is supposed to come with it? Thanks again all

·
Registered
43 Posts
Hey all. So I went to demo days and rode the gs1250 adventure. Wow. Love it. I was talking to dealer and I said I wanted the 2018 Córdoba blue gsa. Then he sold me in the 1250. I like the ice grey. I’ve seen on bmw’s site where seat is red and black to go with the 1250 written in red. The dealer had a ice grey in stock but it had a black seat? I didn’t want to sound dumb in person so I’ll sound dumb online. What happened to the red seat and if I were to buy that can they get me the red seat? I’ve heard of them swapping out different rims and such but just was not sure. I told him I’m just waiting to see new colors for 2020 he said they will be same as now in 2019? Does this seem right? Thanks all ride safe and God bless!!
I think he would give you a red seat in a heartbeat... Look at the original stock sheet hanging from the bike..It might say "Comfort Seat" that was a extra so I think that is why the red seat isnt there ?? Maybe

·
Registered
1 Posts
I believe the bike with the black seat is a low suspension with a low seat. As far as I know a low seat only comes in black

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you all for replies. Also I talked to BMW dealer and he said that 2020 models of GS adventure will be same colors as 2019. Does that sound like it could be true?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts