R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Would like one for a 2020 R1250G. Would also consider an SW Motech or Givi bag that locks to the tank filler ring. Shipping to 07652.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I have an Elephant Sport tank bag for sale not far from you. Are you looking for sport or regular?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know the regular very well, but i dont know anything about the sport. Are you using it on an R1200GS or 1250? How does it mount to the bike?

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It fits both R1200/1250GS. It's a strapless design. Take a look at the photos here - Tank Bag Sport
[/QUOTE]

I like the strapless mounting system. But fitment says the bag is not compatible with Ergo + 41970-111 bar risers, whose description seems to be very similar to the SW Motech dimensions, which is what I have. I assume the issue is stop-to-stop interference. Unless you know otherwise, I would have to pass. Thank you.

·
Registered
693 Posts
How does it attach to the tank? And can it be easily removed for fillups?
Ive used Givi on all bikes....great quality and you can buy tons of sizes.....used it on my Tiger 800 and then on my BMW. Recently replaced it with another Givi cos the zipper on the first one went bad due to extreme dust in India. Fortunately you should not have trouble with that in the US.
You will need a tank ring which is really cheap....about $15 I think.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Would like one for a 2020 R1250G. Would also consider an SW Motech or Givi bag that locks to the tank filler ring. Shipping to 07652.
I have a new Givi XS 307 with locking ring BF11, for gas ring. Never used. $145 for both, shipping from SC
Double check the 2020 R1250G. Mine is 2018 R1200 GS.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Ive used Givi on all bikes....great quality and you can buy tons of sizes.....used it on my Tiger 800 and then on my BMW. Recently replaced it with another Givi cos the zipper on the first one went bad due to extreme dust in India. Fortunately you should not have trouble with that in the US.
You will need a tank ring which is really cheap....about $15 I think.
The Givi locking mechanism seems to be all plastic and the SW Motech all metal. Does the Givi system loosen up over time from the plastic wearing?

·
Registered
693 Posts
The Givi locking mechanism seems to be all plastic and the SW Motech all metal. Does the Givi system loosen up over time from the plastic wearing?
Had it on the Hayabusa....then the Tiger 800 and now the BMW. No it has not loosened up even one bit....and that is here in India where the fine dust eats into everything.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts