R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Just Another Guy!!!!
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ironically they are located about a mile from my house.....LOL
Well I'll have to visit them next week!!!

Seem to have lots of goodies....anybody use them??? :nerd:

·
Registered
619 Posts
Wunderlich has nice stuff and they are extremely proud of it as shown by their pricing.

I've tried to use them but their prices kept me at bay.

Good luck!
Way cheaper where I live...lol
Finally something which is cheaper in India.....after paying $35000k for the bike

·
Registered
39 Posts
Wunderlich had a 3 or 4-day sale about 10 days ago to commemorate the 1-year anniversary of the move to their new NC facilities.

Most items were 15% off, with some up to 50%. I picked up a BURSIG center lift stand with an adapter for the R1250GS for $466.65 (Regularly $549.00) and a tinted ERGO Touring Screen for $89.97 (Regularly $179.95).

But, as other have noted, while their products are of very good quality they're rarely a great value at regular prices compared to similar items from Touratech, Givi, MachineartMoto, Puig, AltRider, SW-MOTECH, etc.

When I bought my 1250 in June, I saved about 30% on the Wunderlich crash bars and other items by purchasing them from SDMOTO Parts in France who offers free worldwide shipping on orders over 399.00 Euros ($442.00 US). My order arrived in about 2 weeks (with no customs charges).

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
I've used some of their goods over the years and the quality has been excellent. In fact, I'm heading to Hendersonville, NC tomorrow to check out their Elephant Tail Bag. I had a similar bag from them but it has a new owner these days. In fact, the new owner has my Best Rest pump, a patch kit and tool roll. I'm sure he's enjoying it as he has no money tied up in the acquisition. I hope to convert the Elephant Tail bag into a camera case for a three month trip I'm taking next year. Yup, their stuff is expensive but so are my cameras.

Mike

·
Registered
19 Posts
Bought a set of upper crash bars for my '17 GS during their sale a week or so ago and got a 20% discount. Ordered 1 day, rec'd them the next and spent about 30+ minutes on an easy install. The bars look great and the finish is pretty close to the OEM engine bars- you have to look to see the difference.
Good construction and the fit was perfect.

Attachments

·
Just Another Guy!!!!
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Well I spent some time in the Wunderlich store today.....It's a candy store for BMW!!!
They specialize in old airhead restoration as well, they had some pretty bikes in there!
Agreed they are quality as well....I will use them being so close for items!!!

:laugh2::laugh2::laugh2:

·
Premium Member
1,259 Posts
I made the trip up to the "new" Wunderlich facility in Hendersonville as I was looking for an efficient way to carry my cameras on an upcoming trip. They've been in this location for about a year. Prior to the trip, I called them and spoke with Doug about my needs. When I arrived, I was impressed with their facility. This is what you see when you walk in:

That GS Rallye was tricked out with all kinds of nice farkles. I was hoping that tail bag would be exactly what I needed. As I walked around the store, I was impressed with their two-wheeled collection:

I met Doug and he was very helpful. As it turned out, the tail bag I hoped would work wasn't quite big enough. Doug went in the back and returned with several bags and, wouldn't you know it, the last one I looked at was perfect. During our conversation, I told him about my upcoming trip and we chatted about that. I paid up and, as I was about to leave, Doug said, "Hey, you want to take a look in back and see what we do?" Heck, yeah! The first thing I saw was a very well stocked inventory of Wunderlich products and also saw motorcycles in various states of assembly:

Then, I learned about their restoration and maintenance facility:

The shop of this family-owned business is spotless and they have the equipment to manufacture parts they need that are no longer available for restoration projects. They'll also build machines to your specifications:

All and all, it was a good trip and it's nice to know I can take a little ride to acquire some quality pieces. I didn't hurt that they're a bunch of nice people, either.

Mike

·
Registered
3 Posts
They are kind of like a Premium BMW Tuner - Farkle Company in Germany. I wouldn't buy from them because the already crazy prices are even crazier in the US then back in Germany.
I mean a GoPro Bracket for $160??? It's just 6inch Alu and 2 small bolts...

·
Registered
69 Posts
I picked up a few items from them I couldn't find anywhere else...
They have some nice stuff..
But be sure to shop around.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts