R1200GS Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Found one, new in the box for sale nearby. Snatched it up, installed it, and I am very impressed. Enabling that Wonderwheel for my goto Nav (Scenic), along with phone, music, etc, is pretty cool. Zoom in and out seamless while I'm driving, search gas/food/lodging with the click of the wheel... add the bike data integration and it's worth every penny.

What I really like about it is I am not forced to put my phone on that mount. It's bluetooth enabled, so you can mount your phone anywhere, assuming you prefer an alternate location to the BMW imposed one.

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a Zumo 660 that fits right in. No wheel support, and a little old/slow. But I've updated it and it's my official go to backup for tripping because it snaps right into the OEM mount.

·
Registered
66 Posts
This. Is. Cool!

Didn't know about this setup. Great share!! This knowledge is why I joined the forum. Some super smart and savvy folks here. Continued feedback after a period of evaluation would be great.

·
Registered
92 Posts
Went to the web forum for this product and saw a pretty mixed bag of complaints, issues, and customer service delays. Admittedly, immature product and growing pains I'm sure. Looks like a nice product for someone without the BMW Nav option.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Went to the web forum for this product and saw a pretty mixed bag of complaints, issues, and customer service delays. Admittedly, immature product and growing pains I'm sure. Looks like a nice product for someone without the BMW Nav option.
The NAV6 has been problem free?! 🤪

I’m being facetious but I suspect you’ll find a slew of complaints for any product on the planet on the interweb. Just browse all the issues on this forum with the GS ;)

·
Registered
1,128 Posts
The Wunderling has come a long way since its startup.

·
Registered
879 Posts
The Wunderling has come a long way since its startup.
That's good to hear. Two things concern me:
1) without a GPS antenna active one is dependent on cell service for mapping (unless the maps are downloaded prior and I know I will not do that). So, if you're out of cell service, you're electronically mapless.
2) touch screens on phones are far more finicky than the (barely tolerated) Garmin. I've tried the pads for gloves to make them touch screen capable. They "sorta" work most of the time. Touch screen on the garmin always works.

Right now I am using my Samsung Note 9 at the side of my Garmin 665, using a Quad Lock for mounting and keeping it plugged in. So far it is a pretty good setup, I can run Waze, Sirius XM and a digital speedo on the same screen-plus have phone and when a text arrives it shows on the screen, but I have not tested it out in the boonies to see how well "service" holds up. I've been watching the Wunderlinq since the beginning, always tempting, but never pulled the trigger because of the above 2 things.

TBC, I hate garmin software, UI, lack of user configurability. Smart phones address all of that, but with the above 2 concerns.
I'd love to know those concerns are no longer valid

1 - 10 of 10 Posts