R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yellow/Amber lenses. Anyone know if they're available? I haven't been able to find any.

·
Registered
368 Posts
Part of the reason I put Clearwater Ericas on my bike was their offering of amber lens covers. I looked for covers for OEM lamps and found none. I even looked at spray on coatings but hauled out the wallet and got Clearwaters instead. They run off the can bus so when I hit the horn the Ericas go to interstellar bright, same with the high beam switch. On low they are great marker lamps. On high they are impossible to ignore!

·
Registered
765 Posts
depending on your lights you may be able to find amber bulbs.LEDs
I have motolights. They wanted an exorbitant amount for their yellow LEDs, like $45 each!!! (IIRC).

I found them online, and since at Home Depot, for about $5-6 each. I got white LEDs, but I saw yellow ones the other day at HD. 30k miles later and they still work fine.

·
Registered
505 Posts
Depending the year of your bike, they changed the driving lights size in 2018?, you can use Clearwater amber covers. I use them on my 2017 GSA.

·
Registered
41 Posts
stick-on yellow lens

Yellow/Amber lenses. Anyone know if they're available? I haven't been able to find any.
What I did on my '18 R1200GSA OEM driving lights was to use stick-on lens covers from https://www.lamin-x.com/automobile-products/fog-light-film-covers.html. I ordered the correct outside circle dimensions in yellow. And to stick them on the GS driving lights, I cut a smaller inside piece for convex inner part of the lens and used the remaining donut for of the outer concave part of the lens. So I ended up with a donut and for the outside of the lens. And a round smaller piece for the inner convex part of the lens. You can't press the stick-on lens cover over the lens in one piece. These look correct and have lasted 12K miles in all kinds of weather. Help this helps.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Depending the year of your bike, they changed the driving lights size in 2018?, you can use Clearwater amber covers. I use them on my 2017 GSA.
Which ones, Darla, Dixi, Krista, or Sevina? Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts