R1200GS Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I installed my Zega Pro2 panniers today. It was way EZer then I thought. I'm glad I didn't take it to the dealer and have them do it. I have the upper and lower Touratech crash bars on order. Im thinking that might be a bit harder to install. Has anyone here installed them?

Attachments

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It can't be any worse than on the previous generations. If you managed the panniers, the crash bars shouldn't be a challenge, just pay attention to the placement of the different sized spacers. Be very careful not to over tighten anything, especially the smaller fasteners.
Thanks for the info Buddy.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I’m considering the Touratech Zega Pro pannier system for a 2015 R1200GSA that I’m planning to purchase in May. What size cases did you purchase and what was the deciding factor in your selection of the size?

·
Distance Adventure Rider
52 Posts
Have you seen Jesse Luggage yet?

I’m considering the Touratech Zega Pro pannier system for a 2015 R1200GSA that I’m planning to purchase in May. What size cases did you purchase and what was the deciding factor in your selection of the size?
Also look at Jesse Luggage custom powder coated solid welded aluminum luggage. Made near Phoenix Arizona and cost less at under $1,300. I've owned 2 sets. They are secure & tough (see our Jesse thread). If you ever travel outside the USA or to California they are narrower 36" but more capacity, 95 liters. Narrower is safer between cars & parking, if your bars fit your bags fit. :D Powder coating on the inside keeps the contents from aluminum dust.
R1200GS/Water Cooled/ADV | Jesse Luggage Systems

·
Registered
141 Posts
To answer the OPs question, if you installed the Zega bags you will fell that the crash bars are easier to install. Touratechs instructions are great and they are both easy bolt ons.

I went the same route as you did with the Sega panniers. Looked at Jesse which I think are great quality but looks like something that fits on a 27 year old Russian farm tractor. Not that I bougth the GS to look at, I bought it for riding 100% off the paved roads but for some reason I wanted "pretty panniers" :D

1 - 7 of 7 Posts