R1200GS Forum banner

61 - 64 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Anybody have out West experience with the Missions? We have lots of steep, loose, decomposed rock; sand/fine dirt over hard; sand mixed with rubble, and deep sand. Up in Oregon & Washington, they also get mud and wet leaves.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I will say that years ago, I put a set of some Dunlops on my ‘05 GS and after the classic Tourances, I found the Dunlop ride was NOT to my liking. Whereas the Metzlers really inspired amazingly connected confidence in hard twisties, the Dunlops were utterly indifferent to my turn inputs -- the Tourances felt like I was on rails as I set my line, whereas the Dunlops were steadily trying to reselect a new line, not squirmy, but in need of constant rider management.

·
Super Moderator
787 Posts
When the miles are from Annapolis MD to Fort Kent Maine round trip followed by Annapolis to Key West round trip, there's not a lot of opportunity to conduct said strip-ectomy. Definitely managed to square them off a bit though....

·
Super Awesom Person
615 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
Anybody have out West experience with the Missions? We have lots of steep, loose, decomposed rock; sand/fine dirt over hard; sand mixed with rubble, and deep sand. Up in Oregon & Washington, they also get mud and wet leaves.
The new Dunlop Mission tires just came out last year. There is a long thread on them from people who use them very hard in all conditions over on the Adventure forum. Dunlop Trailmax Mission

61 - 64 of 64 Posts